POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition : Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition
From: Lewis
Date: 19 Apr 1999 16:56:07
Message: <371B8ACE.1BA3ABF1@netvision.net.il>
I've decided to tribute Gilles Tran for his astonishing work, by
starting a new competition: The Gilles Tran Raytracing Competition.
The Gilles Tran Raytracing and Originality award will be presented to
anyone who comes up with the most original tiny-story attached to the
most beutiful raytraced picture. If Gilles would agree, I'd like him to
choose the winner himself. Just to get things going, I entered my entry
(see povray.binaries.images) already.

And just in case anyone out there is wondering what is all this Gilles
Tran worshipping, I'd like to point out that an artist hardly ever gets
recognition for his work (believe me, I know, and not only because of
POV). Instead, usually, the work either goes unnoticed or if it makes
it, it becomes unappriciated for what it is. I know this, because I also
compose a little.